I would like to set a new tradition of tossing the New Years Resolution and instead want to encourage everyone to set “I Love Me Goals”, starting on February 1st. Here is why…
New Years Resolutions:
- often made because people feel they “should” and not because they WANT to.
- resolutions like losing weight are often made in the hangover of guilty feelings about a lack of exercise or what was eaten or drunk over the holiday.
- Made in the rush of the holidays new years resolutions are often a reaction to what is going on over the holidays. (i.e. I need to exercise more, I have been lazy. I need to spend less, my budget is blown. I need to drop some size, I think a 10 pound turkey landed on my hips.)
- The holidays can be crazy and we are not a good state of mind to be mindful and contemplative.
I Love Me Goals:
- January is a great time to think about what you would like to focus on for yourself. What inspires YOU.
- Make your ILMG based on what truly inspires you. Take the time to focus on what you really want and not what you think society expects of you.
- Take a few weeks to really plan out your strategies to achieve your ILMG. Without a plan your goal, is really just wishful thinking. Gather your resources, clear your calendar, prepare!
- Make sure it is a SMART goal
You deserve more than a briefly thought out resolution. You deserve the time and thought necessary to achieve your dreams.